Monday, July 20, 2009

They say it adds character

I was growing tired of the long, curly, heat-attracting mop that lay atop my head and decided it was time for a change. Just then, I saw a banner flying at my neighborhood Great Clips and knew it was fate. I walked in and for the first time in my life did not have to wait. However, during the process, the wonderful stylist/barber/haircut lady uttered a phrase that I hadn't heard before.

"Oh, here's a nice long gray hair..."

After a kind request, the intruder was removed quickly and quietly.

I had my first gray hair...so what? I'm not all that surprised. My father, bless his heart, has gone completely silver. and I'm not gonna lie...it's looks good on him.

So, what does this mean? Was this hair an anomaly? Or is this a sign of things to come? Will I look like Anderson Cooper by the time I'm 35?

My darling wife said it was probably a stress-induced gray. I guess I can buy that but have a hard time believing stress would pop out a single different color hair. ?

Whatever color it is...I pray that my hair will remain happy and live a long/full life right there on the peaks of Matty.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Hey Brad Pitt has grey hair... and well what more can I say?

Kristin said...

And could you send me that picture of us that you took on the 4th?? The one where we are all sitting on the couch??? THanks!

Dan and Leslie said...

Nice.....Love the post. I have had this little patch of grey hair since I was 8 and I like it. Also I looked at Kristin's blog and you look very happy with your pizza. It is pretty easy to make a Sanchez happy, Pizza, Sports, family. You also look tougher than I have seen you in a while. You look more grown up physically so maybe your dad's grey is reminding you it is coming some day.

Anonymous said...

Matt..

I'm sorry that you are getting old....

Robert and Lindsay said...

Join the club of gray hair. New York will do that to you. We are sooooo excited for you guys to come out. I am sure that you are going to have a blast. Email us if you need anything or have any questions. We will check our email often. You will have to try out the lottery tickets. The good thing about you guys is you will have all week to try.. and chances are you will win one of the nights. Wicked and In the Heights (its actually about the neighborhood we live in!!!) are our favorites so far. You have to put your name in at 5:30 at the theater of the specific show you want to see. make sure you have id and cash. Spend tons of time in central park. Go kayaking on the Hudson for free, shop!, and eat at as many good restaurants as you can in Hell's kitchen area, walk the Brooklyn Bridge! Have fun! I am excited to hear all about it!
robert and lindsay